Welcome to MTV Naija, a platform where you get updated about the latest happenings in Naija Music & Entertainment Industry.
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarized as follows:
You should know exactly what we do with your information
You should have full control over your information
We’ve designed the Website subsidiary (App services) to give you control over the information you publish and share using Mtv Naija and other sites and services to which you connect you® account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
Information provided by you
Your personal data are not required in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Mtv Naija account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of Mtv Naija account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook and don’t give your permission to share it with MtvNaija), your month and year of birth, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address and payment verification information.
- Non-essential information: Your gender if you wish to provide it.
- Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Mtv Naija – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, offline listening or downloading tracks, uploading or recording tracks, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a sound with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. GPS) when using Mtv Naija Apps,
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
If you sign up to Mtv Naija using Facebook, your Mtv Naija account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on Mtv Naija, specifically any new public songs that you post on Mtv Naija and any new favorites, will be shared with Facebook and will be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you do not wish to share your Mtv Naija activity with your Facebook friends, you can control this from the Settings page on the Website, If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings at any time, or you can contact us via our Support Center
If you signed up to Mtv Naija using Google+ by mistake, you can delete your account from the account page within your settings at any time, or you can contact us via our Help Center.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your Mtv Naija account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide other users with data regarding people’s listening behavior of their sounds, i.e. streaming and downloading their sounds or playlists or following their profiles.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Mtv Naija also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account.
- If you are a Facebook or Google+ user, and one of your Facebook or Google+ friends registers for a Mtv Naija account, we may let your friends who already are on Mtv Naija know that you joined or will suggest to your Facebook or Google+ friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on Mtv Naija. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Mtv Naija and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.